Zane State College, Zanesville OH
Design and management for the HVAC system replacement serving the 62,000 SF Campus Center building. The new system needed to be installed by the end of May. Due to the long equipment lead time, we orchestrated a separate pre-purchase bid for the chiller in November, prior to the general bid which took place in January. Construction kicked off in March and work completed in mid-May.
- new 200-ton screw chiller
- single duct VAV boxes
- chilled water pumps | drives
- refrigerant piping | distribution
System assessment and subsequent design of a new rooftop air handler to service a 144,175 SF campus building.
- new rooftop HVAC unit
- new structural steel platform
- DDC controls
- chilled water distribution from the existing basement chiller to the rooftop unit
HVAC renovation spanning a 10,000 SF performance auditorium and 8,000 SF exhibition space. We also needed to address humidity issues in the Fisher Library, so we designed custom air handlers and added controls to maintain a consistent relative humidity and maintain stable air temperature for doc protection.
- conversion from electric to gas
- 5 new air handlers
- condensing boiler plant
- CO2 outside air control
- DDC BACnet controls
Complex project involving HVAC, AHU, chiller and steam systems serving a 220,000 SF campus building. One of the challenges was replacing a 28,000 CFM VAV air handler in a tight space. We had the unit custom manufactured so that it could be broken down to be brought in pieces and reassembled.
- dual high temp/high pressure heat exchangers
- VAV air handlers
- new chiller | pumps
- cooling tower drive/gear
- DDC BACnet | fin tube controls
Design of mechanical and electrical for a new chiller plant servicing the main campus data center.
- multiple 200-ton chillers
- air cooled condensers
- chiller pumps
- dry cooler for free cooling
- chilled water plate and frame heat exchangers
- DDC controls
Lincoln & Morrill Towers
The Ohio State University, Columbus OH
Extensive MEP and electrical system renovation serving each of the two 23-story buildings.
- New dual 280-ton chillers, cooling towers, pumps
- 6,000 gal. DHW storage tanks
- DDC controls
- New 13,200 volt feed with gas switch
- New 1800 KVA cast core transformer
- New 480 and 208 volt gear
Three phase project involving the overall plumbing, HVAC and electric upgrades for the student dorm area and the full renovation of the showers and restrooms.
- Custom air handlers
- DDC Controls
- New showers, recessed valves and isolation valves
- 100% OA and exhaust systems
- New lighting in bathrooms/corridor
Design of plumbing, HVAC and electrical for full gut and complete renovation of 90,000 SF dormitory complex.
- Individual room HVAC units (PTACs)
- New plumbing fixtures, piping, water heaters
- 3 new 208 volt electrical services
- Hard-wired phone/data
Back to back projects involving the design of plumbing, HVAC and electrical for new 10,000 SF addition. And an HVAC renovation which included new fan coils, new water heat exchanger and relocating an existing chiller.
- Cooling upgrade to old existing areas using Mitsubishi City Multi (100 tons±). Boilers left in to operate below 20˚F.