Kramer Engineers History
Kramer Engineers is a deeply rooted Columbus, Ohio consulting/design engineering firm; providing over 60 years of design innovation. In 1950 Ralph Kramer Jr. established Ralph J. Kramer & Associates; building a foundation that has withstood the test of time.
As the generations passed the torch, the firm transitioned into Kramer Comer Passe in the 70’s; and later evolved to the Kramer Engineers of today, with Ralph Kramer III leading the company to new advances. Three generations of mechanical engineers carrying on the family legacy, with Brett Kramer as the firm’s most recent Kramer Engineer.
Kramer Engineers is a leader in mechanical and electrical design for healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, correctional facilities, commercial, cultural arts venues, residential and retail facilities. Our consistent attention to design quality for HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems not only provides comfortable, energy-efficient systems, but the capability to support evolving technologies for a facilities’ changing needs.
Kramer Engineers is known for exceptional performance on complex projects with challenging requirements; and has been trusted to provide system design to landmarks across the State:
- Healthcare – Wexner Medical Center, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, O’Bleness Hospital, Holzer Healthcare, Marietta Memorial, Selby General
- Battelle Memorial Institute – Research Facilities, Wind Tunnel
- The Ohio State University – 1950s Physics Building, Veterinary Hospital, Watts & McQuigg Laboratories, Jones Tower, Lincoln Tower
- The State of Ohio – James Rhodes Office Tower, Ohio History Center
- Ohio Department of Corrections – 17 Correctional Facilities throughout Ohio
- Ohio State Highway Patrol – District Headquarters – Brook Park, Piqua, Chillecothe, Jackson, St Clairsville, Lucasville and Marietta Posts
- Downtown Columbus – Columbus Convention Center, Laveque Tower, Civic Center
- Ohio University – Convocation Center, McKracken Hall, Brasee Hall, Shannon Hall, Bennett Hall, Computer Services Center