Kramer Engineers History
1950s| Ralph J. Kramer, Jr.
Kramer Engineers is a deeply rooted Columbus, Ohio consulting and engineering firm. In 1950 Ralph J. Kramer Jr. established Ralph J. Kramer & Associates; the foundation that has supported 3 generations of design innovation. In the 1970’s, as the company grew, the firm transitioned into Kramer Comer Passe; designing such landmarks as the Rhodes Office Tower, the Columbus Convention Center and the Ohio History Connection.
1980s | Ralph J. Kramer, III
During that time, 2nd generation Kramer Engineer Ralph J. Kramer III graduated from Purdue University with a degree in mechanical engineering. And then continued on to OSU where he earned a master’s degree in civil engineering. Later, he joined his father’s firm, learned the ropes, and eventually moved into the role of principal engineer and the sole proprietor of Kramer Engineers.
2000s | Brett Kramer
Today, 3rd generation Brett Kramer, PE, continues the companies’ legacy in providing engineering excellence. He has propelled the firm to new advances in MEP systems design for Public and Private sector facilities throughout Ohio & across the Country.
Kramer Engineers is a leader in mechanical, electrical & plumbing design for healthcare, higher education, K-12 schools, correctional facilities, commercial, cultural arts venues, residential and retail facilities. Our consistent attention to design quality for HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems not only provides comfortable, energy-efficient systems, but the capability to support evolving technologies for a facilities’ changing needs.
Kramer Engineers is known for exceptional performance on complex projects with challenging requirements; and has been trusted to provide system design to landmarks across the State:
- Healthcare – Wexner Medical Center, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, O’Bleness Hospital, Holzer Healthcare, Marietta Memorial, Selby General
- Battelle Memorial Institute – Research Facilities, Wind Tunnel
- The Ohio State University – 1950s Physics Building, Veterinary Hospital, Watts & McQuigg Laboratories, Jones Tower, Lincoln Tower
- The State of Ohio – James Rhodes Office Tower, Ohio History Center
- Ohio Department of Corrections – 17 Correctional Facilities throughout Ohio
- Ohio State Highway Patrol – District Headquarters – Brook Park, Piqua, Chillecothe, Jackson, St Clairsville, Lucasville and Marietta Posts
- Downtown Columbus – Columbus Convention Center, Laveque Tower, Civic Center
- Ohio University – Convocation Center, McKracken Hall, Brasee Hall, Shannon Hall, Bennett Hall, Computer Services Center