Design of an extensive HVAC renovation:
- All new HVAC systems at each facility
- New energy efficient condensing boilers (DeDietrich)
- New pumps
- New multizone VAV air handlers
- New custom air handlers
- All new heating/cooling piping distribution systems
- All new ductwork distribution systems
- New DDC controls (BACnet – Reliable)
Design of renovations to domestic water and boilers including:
- Replacement of eight fire tube boilers
- Replacement of five water tube boilers
- Replacement of ten water heaters
- Replacement of five commercial grade hot water heaters
- New recirculation pumps and associated piping
This project is broken into two separate phases. The first phase was a study to determine the feasibility and costs of the installation of a new 1000 KW emergency generator. The second phase is the design, bid and construction administration based on the study findings.
- Design installation of existing 1000 KW Cummings generator
- Wired through existing 750 KVA 480 volt transformer through a 12479 volt transfer switch to feed the existing 12470 volt switchgear.
- A demand limit will be placed on the generator so as not to exceed the transformer capacity.
- High voltage distribution
COLUMBUS METROPOLITAN LIBRARY, Columbus, Ohio
Two concurrent renovation projects at the Columbus Metropolitan Library involving facility wide lighting and HVAC upgrades. Both projects included project management and construction supervision.
Initial lighting study to provide analysis, recommendations and cost estimates; followed by the subsequent renovation at the Hilliard Library branch.
- Foot candle calculations
- Suspended direct-indirect lighting types
- Energy efficient T5 direct/indirect lighting
HVAC renovation at several branches; Hilliard, Northside, Karl Road, Hilltop and Reynoldsburg.
- Replace furnaces and condensing units at the Hilliard, Hilltop, Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, Franklinton and Northside branches
- New boilers at the Karl Road branch
- Combustion air
- Flues and vents
- Primary and secondary pumping
CARROLL COUNTY PUBLIC FACILITIES, Carrollton, Ohio
Energy efficiency renovation of electrical and HVAC spanning the County Courthouse and Jail facilities. The project was funded by the EECBG Department of Energy grant program.
- Electrical renovation:
- Replace all existing T-12 lighting with energy efficient T-8 lighting
- Power and wiring as required to support the HVAC renovation
- HVAC renovation:
- Convert second and third floor to extremely energy efficient City-Multi heating and cooling system
- New DDC controls to eliminate pneumatics
- Ductless splits for cooling the jail kitchen, dispatch room and office
TUSCARAWAS COUNTY PUBLIC FACILITIES, New Philadelphia, Ohio
Energy Conservation study & subsequent plumbing, HVAC and electrical renovations at 4 County Facilities, the Justice Center, Courthouse, Courthouse Annex and the Child Support & Enforcement Agency.
- Energy conservation study | Recommendations | Savings projections pay back of less than 10 years
- Design of plumbing, HVAC and electrical
- HVAC related roof replacement
- High efficiency boilers
- Energy efficient chillers
MEIGS COUNTY PUBLIC FACILITIES, Pomeroy, Ohio
The design of mechanical and related electrical for HVAC upgrades and replacements for two public buildings, the County Annex and the Health Department.
- Meigs County Annex
- New 95% efficient boiler
- Meigs County Health Department
- New 90% efficient boiler
- Modulating burners and outdoor reset
- New rooftop chiller