Marion Franklin and Barnett Recreation Centers & Lazelle Woods Community Center, City of Columbus, Recreation & Parks
The scope of work was an extensive HVAC renovation:
- All new HVAC systems at each facility
- New energy efficient condensing boilers (DeDietrich)
- New pumps
- New multizone VAV air handlers
- New custom air handlers
- All new heating/cooling piping distribution systems
- All new ductwork distribution systems
- New DDC controls (BACnet – Reliable)
Allen County Correctional Institution, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction, Lima, Ohio
Design of renovations to domestic water and boilers including:
- Replacement of eight fire tube boilers
- Replacement of five water tube boilers
- Replacement of ten water heaters
- Replacement of five commercial grade hot water heaters
- New recirculation pumps and associated piping
Southern Ohio Correctional Facility, Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction, Lucasville, Ohio
This project is broken into two separate phases. The first phase was a study to determine the feasibility and costs of the installation of a new 1000 KW emergency generator. The second phase is the design, bid and construction administration based on the study findings.
- Design installation of existing 1000 KW Cummings generator
- Wired through existing 750 KVA 480 volt transformer through a 12479 volt transfer switch to feed the existing 12470 volt switchgear.
- A demand limit will be placed on the generator so as not to exceed the transformer capacity.
- High voltage distribution
Columbus Metropolitan Library, Lighting and HVAC Renovations, Columbus, Ohio
Two renovation projects at the Columbus Metropolitan Library; both projects include project management and construction supervision.
Lighting renovation at the Hilliard Library. Following a study to provide analysis, recommendations and cost estimates to upgrade lighting.
- Foot candle calculations
- Suspended direct-indirect lighting types
- Energy efficient T5 direct/indirect lighting
HVAC renovation at several branches; Hilliard, Northside, Karl Road, Hilltop and Reynoldsburg.
- Replace furnaces and condensing units at the Hilliard, Hilltop, Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, Franklinton and Northside branches
- New boilers at the Karl Road branch
- Combustion air
- Flues and vents
- Primary and secondary pumping
Carroll County Public Facilities, Carrollton, Ohio
Funded by the EECBG Department of Energy grant program, this project is two phases of energy efficient renovation, electrical and HVAC.
- Electrical renovation:
- Replace all existing T-12 lighting with energy efficient T-8 lighting
- Power and wiring as required to support the HVAC renovation
- HVAC renovation:
- Convert second and third floor to extremely energy efficient City-Multi heating and cooling system
- New DDC controls to eliminate pneumatics
- Ductless splits for cooling the jail kitchen, dispatch room and office
Tuscarawas County Public Facilities, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Energy efficient renovations to the Justice Center, Courthouse, Courthouse Annex and the Child Support & Enforcement Agency
- Energy Conservation Study
- Cost savings projections
- Pay back of less than 10 years
- Design of plumbing, HVAC and electrical to implement selected recommendations
- HVAC related roof replacement
- High efficiency boilers
- Energy efficient chillers
Meigs County Public Facilities, Meigs County, Ohio
The design of mechanical and related electrical for energy efficient HVAC upgrades and replacements for two public buildings, the County Annex and the Health Department. Reducing energy usage in an economical way is a major design objective.
- Meigs County Annex
- New 95% efficient boiler
- Meigs County Health Department
- New 90% efficient boiler
- Modulating burners and outdoor reset
- New rooftop chiller