Kramer Engineers History
Kramer Engineers is a deeply rooted Columbus, Ohio consulting/design engineering firm; providing over 60 years of design innovation. In 1950 Ralph Kramer Jr. established Ralph J. Kramer & Associates; building a foundation that has withstood the test of time.
As the generations passed the torch, the firm transitioned into Kramer Comer Passe in the 70’s; and later evolved to the Kramer Engineers of today, with Ralph Kramer III leading the company to new advances. Three generations of mechanical engineers carrying on the family legacy, with Brett Kramer as the firm’s most recent Kramer Engineer.
Kramer Engineers is a leader in mechanical design for healthcare, public, educational, commercial, and cultural arts facilities. Our consistent attention to design quality for HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems not only provides comfortable, energy-efficient systems, but also the capability to support evolving technologies and changing facility needs in the future.
Kramer Engineers is known for exceptional performance on complex projects with challenging requirements; and has been trusted to provide system design to landmarks across the State:
- Battelle Memorial Institute – research facilities, Battelle Convention Center
- The Ohio State University – 1950s physics building, Veterinary Hospital, Watts & McQuigg Laboratories, Jones Tower, Lincoln Tower
- The State of Ohio – James Rhodes Office Tower
- Ohio Department of Corrections – Allen county Correctional, Southern Ohio Correctional Facility
- Ohio State Highway Patrol – Piqua, Chillecothe, Jackson Posts
- Downtown Columbus – high rise condo conversions and renovations
- New apartment buildings and complexes throughout the State